At WBP Property Group our aim is to ‘remove the guesswork’ and advise what the property is worth in today’s market. We provide independent property valuations in Brisbane, Ipswich, Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast areas. We assist our clients to make wise investment choices when buying and selling property by providing independent property advice.
How are we different?
At WBP Property, a phone consultation with every valuation is an important part of our service. Many large firms are too busy with thousands of bank valuations to provide the personalised service required to get the most from a valuation.
Our aim is to arm you with the information you need to make a confident decision.
See our Case Studies page for actual examples of how we have helped our clients to get the most out of their property.
So, why order a valuation?
Property is a sound investment but buying property is not without risks. When buying, selling, or renovating an existing property, it is important to complete the full due diligence and seek professional advice with an independent property valuation.
The Queensland Government introduced a five day cooling off period (excluding auctions) and recommends buyers seek an “independent valuation” to encourage consumers to think carefully about their purchase and obtain professional advice. The Office of Fair Trading has prepared a fact sheet “Getting a Valuation” – click here to view*.
Types of Property Valuation:
1. Fair market valuation – an accurate report on the value of the property at the time of inspection can be a useful tool to determine what your house purchase, or sale, is worth.
2. Pre–purchase valuation – protect yourself from a heat of the moment decision. An independent assessment of the value of the subject property prior to purchase can save you thousands of dollars.
3. Pre–sale/auction valuation – seek an independent assessment of the value of the subject property before listing for sale or setting a reserve price.
4. Before you renovate – ensure you avoid overcapitalising before undertaking renovations. Alternatively, use a valuation for an assessment of the value of the property when the renovations are complete.
5. Refinancing – assess the value of your property for future lending purposes*
6. Family Law valuation – whether a matrimonial settlement or a deceased estate, your solicitor may require an independent valuation. An independent valuation may reduce the potential for dispute.
7. Stamp duty valuation – a valuation report is required for calculating the required stamp duty payments when a property is transferred between related parties.
8. Capital Gains Tax valuation – a valuation is required to calculate the capital gain when selling a property that was purchased after September 1985 as an investment. A valuation is also required when selling a rental property after it has been owner occupied.
9. Portfolio valuation – calculate the value of your property portfolio.
10. Superannuation & SMSF – superannuation funds require valuations of properties held within the fund to accurately report the value of the fund at 30 June each year. Check with your accountant and particular super fund about how often this is required. It may be annually or every three years.
11. Visa requirements – When applying for a temporary or permanent residency visa, you may require a valuation on the property you currently own to satisfy the requirements of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. We can assist you with competitive fees and a fast turnaround on your report.
The WBP Service:
A registered valuer inspects the subject property and completes an accurate appraisal of the value of the house and land, residential unit, town house, investment property or vacant land. Our clients are then presented with a comprehensive and independent valuation report. The report is followed with feed back and advice regarding the subject property and market activity in the surrounding area.
WBP Property Group provides our clients with up to date expert advice regarding what your home or land is worth in today’s market. We are specialist real estate valuers with 25 years experience in south-east Queensland property valuations.
Our service doesn’t stop with a valuation report. Our follow up advice is an important part of our service – it’s what sets us apart.